Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Grim Dystopia Part 5

So Ive been working hard and finished up the final stages of my refresher challenge back into UDK.
Here is a brief overview of what the challenge was.

Title: Grim Dystopia

Programs used: UDK

Challenge: In 16 hours create a scene using existing assets in UDK with a maximum of 100 different objects in the scene.

Results: Managed to complete the project in 15 hours with 88 different objects in the scene!

I finished up tweaking some of the object placement and then concentrated on the detail as well as adding in some particle effects and tweaking the fog and lighting.

Here are some final images once the scene lighting was rendered on preview.








































I'm fond of the stark contrast between the flats and mansion in this scene. If I have more time at a later date I'd like to go back to the scene and had some smoke/flame/graffiti decals onto the mansion to illustrate the distaste of the residents living so close to wealth.

















The city scape in the background blends well with the architecture of the flats. I feel as if I get a sense that this is a poorer part of town and the residents are envious of the more luxurious flats in the distance.

















I didn't want to fill the scene with unnecessary clutter. I had limited objects to work with so I didn't want it to become too much the same. The scene has a large expanse and a few important objects scattered around give off a sense that people are scared and possible abandoned their homes in the wake of some incident.












































2 comments:

  1. Some very nice work here, especially considering the limited assets at your disposal. I especially like the first and last images, they both have a great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete