Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

Grim Dystopia Part 3

In Part 3 I mainly concentrated on building up the scene so that all the block out was complete so I could concentrate on assigning materials, placing effects and adding detail. The hardest part I faced in this part was creating the broken up crevices of the damaged road but it was loads of fun to make and get it right.

Here are some progression screens: 










































I decided the discard the old block out because I now needed to tile the ground texture. The blockout is now made up of tiled blocks so that the texture isn't stretched.

















One section of the environment is completely done in terms of blockout. A good way to test to make sure you haven't missed any areas is to fly around at player level making sure to backtrack and look from all angles.


No comments:

Post a Comment